So what exactly is THCa?

Natural, psychoactive cannabinoids. This includes cannabinoids that turn psychoactive when heated. THCa, Delta-9, CBN, etc
Note: Naturally-occurring cannabinoids that are largely obtained via synthetic manner do NOT belong here, such as Delta-8.
WolfRanger
Registered for: 1 month

So what exactly is THCa?

Post by WolfRanger »

I figured since the forum is new might as well start off with a question that will be asked 1902819028590218 times lololololo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :ugeek:

dude i love this forum it is a throwback to being 14 in a warcraft clan ahah
kenpoturtle

Post by kenpoturtle »

We looking for the short answer or the long one? Lol
Daiquiri
Site Admin

Post by Daiquiri »

I'll do up an answer for you, and hopefully for anyone new and curious:

THCa is the weed before we smoke it, basically. It is the cannabiniod that turns into delta-9-thc when exposed to heat.

You already utilize THCa if you smoke weed or dab. If you're a smoker: You have THCa Flower, right now. That's what you have.

Note that THCa itself is inactive, this is why you cannot just eat a nug or eat some dabs. (Well, depends on the dab extraction method).

The big fun thing though is that THCa is among many other cannabinoids lately that are legal. You see, Delta-9 is what is illegal. This is why you can find Delta-8, Delta-10, THCa, THCO, THCP, THCB, HHC, HHC-O, etc etc ec in stores, and they all work!

But THCa is one of the best because they basically accidentally made regular weed legal. Weed in most cases does not naturally contain greater than 0.3% delta-9, making regular weed that you and I smoke now "THCa Hemp" in the eyes of the law. Dabs also are THCa, thus, legal! All you have to do is get lab work to prove there is less than 0.3% delta-9.

THCa can slowly turn into Delta-9 naturally. This is why it is imperative to keep the labs you get with your weed incase you ever get pulled over with it and they take it in for testing. Also, some states test via total THC, or, test with methods that use heat. Both of these states you will get charged as if you had weed.

I will be adding a page to the forum ASAP with Legal, Illegal, Grey area, for all states!
WolfRanger wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:20 pm dude i love this forum it is a throwback to being 14 in a warcraft clan ahah
right lolol and it's a free software on a cheap host!
WolfRanger

Post by WolfRanger »

Perfectly worded now we just need to sticky this :P

I await as this grows and this question is asked 10/week
ShopMerlinsBeard

Post by ShopMerlinsBeard »

TLDR; the government accidentally made actual marijuana legal to grow through their hemp program. THCa is the current law’s definition of legal marijuana - it is literally the same thing your plug sells.